The Issue: Main Streets and other small business technical assistance providers are pros at listening to small businesses, addressing their needs, and connecting them to support resources. However, holistically serving the businesses on your corridor can be difficult as you juggle businesses at different developmental stages, different levels of business owner knowledge and experience, and keeping track of the data you discover.
The Solution: The District Bridges Business Health Check is a proven template to help diagnose a business’s main pressure points and connect them with the resources they need most. It can also be used to streamline data sharing to facilitate and expedite referrals to other technical assistance providers within your small business support ecosystem.
The Business Health Check is used to collect the critical information necessary to assessing a businesses needs. This information then feeds into the development of an individualized Business Development Plan outlining specific actions and next steps to help businesses grow and develop their business practices to achieve their uniques goals. The Business Health Check is administered online or in-person and collects data on:
– Business characteristics (industry type, year established, rent/own, number of employees, online presence).
– Point of Contact (name, title, contact info, demographics, language spoken).
– Technical assistance needs (operations, facade improvements, access to capital, marketing, social media, expansion, succession planning).
- Business Health Check User Guide
- Business Health Check Template
After purchasing, you’ll receive instant access to a downloadable, zip file that includes the items above. All documents and templates are formatted for Microsoft and Google productivity apps (Excel/Sheets, Word/Doc, PDF, etc.) Files can be downloaded up to three times during a two-week period.
By purchasing, you commit to the License Agreement.