Facade Improvement Program
District Bridges is proud to have been awarded a grant by the DC Department of Housing and Community Development to support businesses with small facade improvement projects. Funding is now available from District Bridges for projects such as:
- Fixed gates, grates, or bars removed (with or without an option for new exterior mesh gates, interior roll down bars, or interior grilles)
- Paint, including site preparation
- Business signage
- Entrance, windows, & doors (ADA compliant)
- Architectural elements (shutters, parapets, etc.)
- Building finishes & materials
- Damage repair
If you are in one of District Bridges eligible Main Street corridors, you can apply today. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis based on funds available and are subject to government compliance and regulatory review prior to award.
Please read the District Bridges Facade Improvement Grant Information sheet for further details regarding improvement criteria, eligibility, a description of the grant process, and FAQs. For other questions, please contact your District Bridges Main Street Program Manager or Director.