Accept the challenge and try more than 50 tacos across the city in District Bridges’ upcoming promotion
You’ve heard of Tour de France, now it’s time for the ultimate taco race! Join District Bridges for a celebration of DC’s best tacos – from the ahi tuna taco at El Chuco to the Choco Tacos at Mount Dessert Ice Cream. Taconnoisseurs will be crowned during this two week promotional event with 21 businesses promoting over 50 tacos.
As small businesses continue to recover from the pandemic, it’s vital that residents and visitors alike eat local and support our local economy. Tour de Taco is a fun, new campaign that will help promote businesses and gives participants permission to eat as many tacos as they want – in fact, the more tacos you try, the more you can win.
District Bridges has designed a line of taco-themed goodies to celebrate the campaign. To unlock the goods, participants simply need to visit restaurants and sample some of DC’s best tacos. In addition, participants can vote for their favorite restaurant in a “march madness” style voting competition – the small business who wins will receive free advertising support!
Visit two (2) businesses and unlock a 15% discount on all swag.
Visit five (5) businesses and receive the above + a themed Sticker Book.
Visit 10 businesses and receive the above + a Taconnoisseur Tshirt.
Visit 15 businesses and receive the ultimate Swag Bag including a themed Sticker Book, Taconnoisseur Tshirt, taco crown, and a $25 card to the participating restaurant of their choice
Participating Businesses include*:
- 3321 Bistro, 3321 Connecticut Avenue NW
- Alero Restaurant, 1301 U St. NW
- Blue 44 Restaurant & Bar, 5507 Connecticut Ave. NW
- Chaia Tacos, 615 I Street NW
- District Kitchen, 2606 Connecticut Ave NW
- El Chucho Cocina Superior, 3313 11th Street NW
- El Rey, 919 U Street NW
- Hook Hall, 3400 Georgia Avenue NW
- Jake’s Tavern, 1606 7th St NW
- La Tejana, 3211 Mt Pleasant St NW
- Laredo dc Restaurant, 3500 Connecticut Avenue NW
- Maiz64, 1324 14th St NW
- Mexicue, 1720 14th Street NW
- Mount Desert Island Ice Cream, 3110 Mount Pleasant St NW 1st Floor
- Nellie’s Sports Bar, 900 U St NW
- pizzolis, 1418 12th St NW
- Rito Loco, 606 Florida Ave NW
- Stop Smack’N Restaurant, 1839 7th St NW
- Taqueria al lado, 1792 columbia rd NW
- Taqueria Nacional, 3213 Mount Pleasant Street NW
- The Avenue, 5540 Connecticut Ave NW
- Mr. Braxton Bar & Kitchen, 3632 Georgia Ave NW
- The Wonderland Ballroom, 1101 Kenyon St NW
- Parthenon, 5510 Connecticut Ave NW
*as of February 10, 2023
How can we get Breadsoda taco Tuesday on the list?