Can you believe we’ve already come to the end of 2021? The holiday season is fast approaching, and after yet another pandemic-addled year, we are more than ready to spread some holiday cheer! Read on to find out how you can shop small for all your gifting needs.
FOR THE HOMEBODY
Give someone you care about a cozy place to land at home. Casa Furniture’s soft fabric accent chair is a classic that provides comfort and ties a room together. Check out this piece and other sale items on their website!
FOR PET PARENTS
A gift card to Patrick’s Pet Care is not just a treat for the person who receives it! The pooch who takes the enrichment walks or receives fear-free grooming services will love it too!
FOR COFFEE LOVERS
- Whether your friends like their Espresso drinks hot or iced, they can get the caffeine fix they need at The Coupe! Gift cards are available on their website.
- You can take your coffee gift over the top by adding sweet or savory crepes from Coffy Cafe. They are now available for delivery on PostMates and UberEats, so your delicious gift can arrive at your friend’s door.
- When the weather outside is frightful, it is delightful to brew your favorite coffee from home. Tynan Coffee and Tea has just the pour-over brewer your loved ones need to make a perfect cup of coffee at home!
FOR A SIGNIFICANT OTHER
- If your partner is a bit theatrical, getting them tickets to GALA Hispanic Theater will be a hit. Their 2021-2022 Season explores the freedom to question, to love, to imagine.
- You can plan a date night out or have classic Neapolitan-style pizza brought to you. Red Rocks offers you a relaxed, rustic spot for dinner or order online with UberEats and Postmates.
- If you want a casual night out with your partner, and you enjoy excellent mojitos, plan a date night at Mi Cuba Cafe! They are known for their delicious and authentic Cuban cuisine.
- Give your partner the best of the best Indian dining experience at Bombay Street Food! Dine-in for a great night out or order delivery for a cozy date night on the couch.
FOR THE HOME CHEF
Stock their pantry with a selection of the DC region’s locally-made staples from Odd Provisions. Their local pantry gift set is a perfect gift for your favorite foodie!
FOR THE HOST
Wine lovers will always appreciate a gift card to a great store like D’vines! They also have an incredible selection of “support local” products from around the DMV region.
FOR THE KIDDOS
- Frozen yogurt, ice cream, fries, nachos, and more. All of your kid’s favorite comfort foods under one roof at FrozenYo! Give the gift of tasty treats or savory snacks.
- Do your little ones love getting messy? Give them a decorating kit from Sticky Fingers Sweet and Eats! Choose between cookies, cupcakes, and brownie sets.
- If you know an aspiring magician, then Tivoli’s Astounding Magic Supply Co. is the place to shop. Get the young master of illusion their own cute and fuffy magician’s assistant!
FOR THE WORLD TRAVELLER
- Letena offers Ethiopian food at its finest! You are sure to impress any adventurous diner with a gift card to this hot spot.
- Thip Khao showcases spicy Laotian dishes and classic cocktails with an exotic twist. Their gift cards are easy to send digitally to anyone on your list.
- If you are looking to give authentic Vietnamese cuisine, give the gift of a night out at Pho Viet. They were voted the Best Pho Restaurant in the 2021 “Best of DC” poll!
- If you have a margarita lover on your list, treat them to a night out at El Rinconcito. They have some of the best Tex-Mex Salvadorean food in DC.
FOR SPORTS FANS
Whether your friends like to watch the games or participate in them through trivia, Lou’s City Bar is the place to be. Give a gift card, and the recipient can enjoy the 30 beers on tap and 23 HD screens.
FOR SELF CARE
- The beauty enthusiast on your list will love a gift certificate to Allure Nail Bar! They have specials on gel nail manicures, pedicures, and lash extensions. Call them at 202-827-3149 about purchasing your certificate.
- Help your loved ones relax this holiday season with a gift to Serenity Health & Wellness. They offer acupressure and reflexology services designed to heal. Give them a call (202) 319-2134 for booking.
All that gift-giving can be exhausting! Once you cross everyone off your list, pamper yourself with an appointment at one of Columbia Heights’ fantastic salons!